This diverse position is for someone with great experience in Events. This exciting and fun role will be to run a business with many facets to handle. You will be responsible for heading up individual events, planning and creation of events, supporting the Marketing Manager with marketing goals, marketing plans and delivering marketing excellence. Knowledge is essential in events and beneficial for experience in leisure, retail, heritage and/or hospitality sectors. Salary upon application subject to experience.
This role will focus on parkland and commercial castle events only, with the aim to increase the footfall to Belvoir Castle and the Engine Yard. Running events like our Regency Christmas, Festival of the Horse, Summer Concert, Bonfire Night at the Engine Yard and Duchess Days.
- Develop the concept and creation of the events diary for the Engine Yard, Belvoir Castle and within the Belvoir parklands.
- Conduct data and market research to develop new events and effective campaign analysis.
- Lead and manage the delivery of events for both the Engine Yard and Belvoir Castle.
- Operations and logistics management of all events.
- Work alongside the Marketing Manager to develop the marketing timeline for events.
- Creating and developing the budget per event to include the marketing strategy
- Liaising with all clients and external event coordinators on site hire events.
- Drive attendance through the execution of marketing plans across all channels and target audiences with support from the marketing department.
- Work very closely alongside the marketing department.
- Liaise with the local government and councils, knowledge about licences desired
- The role will be Monday – Friday but must have availability to cover the events throughout the weekend.
- At least 3 years marketing and events experience
- Marketing/events degree desired and extensive relevant experience
- Excellent writing skills and ability to create and write high quality content
- A solid understanding of multi-channel marketing strategy, both on and offline
- Experience in handling agencies, clients and suppliers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good communicator and logistical planner
- Ability to be part of a great team and be able to lead
- Experience within hospitality, catering or heritage sector desirable
- Event experience, taking them from concept to completion
- Managerial skills are necessary
- Must have a can do approach and you need wings to fly!
Apply with your CV and covering letter including why we should employ you. There will be at least two rounds of interviews with a task/presentation within the second interview. Interviews will hopefully take place before Christmas, and the job will begin in March..
Application deadline: 31/12/2021 – Expected start date: 01/03/2022 – Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Salary based on experience
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
All customers facing roles must wear masks and covid tests encouraged weekly in the office.
- Bachelor’s (preferred)
- Events management: 4 years (required)
Volunteer with us!
Volunteer at Belvoir and enjoy being part of our lovely team. An opportunity to share and learn new skills and be part of a diverse Estate. As a volunteer at Belvoir you can also enjoy staff benefits such as Friends of Belvoir Membership and priority tickets to our events. If this is of interest, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact [email protected]