If you’re looking for a unique idea for your next corporate event or just fancy a great day’s shooting with a group of friends, the Belvoir Estate has it all.
For help with planning your individual and memorable shoot experience, please contact our Shoot Events Manager on 01476 871004 or contact us here.
- The finest pheasant, partridge and duck – all reared on the Estate
- Over 75 established drives, suitable for all levels of experience
- No two drives are the same, with different locations and land topography
- The natural instinct of the birds makes each drive a new challenge
We constantly strive to improve and develop the shoot, presenting the highest quality driven birds in the best possible way.
Your shooting party can either be based at Belvoir Castle itself, or in the more intimate surroundings of Croxton Lodge in beautiful countryside about four miles from the Castle, near the village of Croxton Kerrial.
Whichever venue you choose, the Belvoir team will deliver the warmest welcome and hospitality to you and your guests – including fine wines, roaring fires and top quality food prepared by our in-house chef.
We’ll tailor everything to suit you – but however you plan your day, you’ll be treated to an abundance of great shooting, great food and drink, and great company.
Sometimes one day just isn’t enough. Why not stay for a night or two and really savour the Belvoir experience?
Choose from our magnificent state bedrooms, have dinner in the Duke and Duchess’s private quarters or throw a medieval banquet for your guests. Belvoir will be your home for the duration of your stay, and the possibilities are endless. We can also offer bespoke evening entertainment such as whisky tasting or a casino night – all arranged with the closest attention to detail.
Stay at Croxton Lodge
Nestling in remote parkland with superb views over its own lakes, the luxurious Lodge has been sensitively decorated by the Duchess of Rutland to create a warm, friendly atmosphere. There are 8 fabulous bedrooms to choose from – all en-suite and beautifully appointed.
The Belvoir Shoot Team is led by Shoot Captain and Estate Manager Phil Burtt. A passionate sportsman with many years of experience, Phil heads up a top team dedicated to delivering you a world class shoot.
Phil’s team includes full-time gamekeepers and a small army of beaters, loaders and pickers up.
- Just a quick note to thank you for helping to organise what was really a fantastic experience at Belvoir. My guests and I were blown away by the setting and the food and service, to say nothing of the shoot which was truly spectacular. Her Grace and Phil were very kind, and the whole package just seemed effortless, which is normally a good indication of just how much hard work goes on behind the scenes. Thanks again to everyone at Belvoir.
- (To the Duchess): A deep and heartfelt thank you for your and Philip’s hospitality over the last few days. The effort put in by both of you and your team to make sure that the Guns had not only a great two days’ shooting (some truly memorable duck that will stay with me for a long time) but also that we were fed, watered, wined, dined and generally looked after so superbly is hugely appreciated.
- Many thanks to you and the whole team. All my team agreed that the time we spent with you was the best shooting experience we have ever had (and some of them have done many years of shooting).