Belvoir offers the finest pheasant, partridge and duck reared on the estate
Over 60 established drives suitable for all levels of experience. No two drives are the same, with different locations, land topography – the natural instinct of the birds makes each and every drive a new challenge
We continually strive to improve and develop the shoot and present the highest quality driven birds in the best possible way.
Whether a day shoot or a stay for a few days, the Belvoir team will deliver the warmest welcome and hospitality to you and your guests. Within the backdrop of the Castle, enjoy fine wines, roaring fires and top quality local ingredients cooked by our in-house chef – will make your day with us one to remember.
If you would like to have a shooting party and stay with us here at Belvoir, choose from our magnificent state bedrooms, have dinner in the Duke and Duchess’s private quarters or throw a medieval banquet for your guests. The possibilities are endless and all will be catered for with the closest attention to detail. Belvoir will be your home for the duration of your stay.
To complete your day we can offer bespoke evening entertainment such as whisky tasting, a casino night or maybe a medieval banquet.
The Belvoir Shoot Team is led by its Shoot Captain and Estate Director – Phil Burtt, a passionate sportsman whose many years of experience leads a top team at Belvoir
Phil and his right hand man Nick Pacey, along with four full-time Game Keepers as well as many keen beaters, loaders and pickers up who all work hard to deliver a world class shoot.
Jane Jones is the Shoot Events Manager who will plan and deliver your shoot experience at Belvoir – To book or for more information – please contact
Begin your day in the Castle’s magnificent Guard room; a warming cup of coffee awaits whilst you draw pegs for the day and meet the shoot team.
Head out for the morning drives with the team for the start of your day. You can choose when you would like to stop for lunch and where; return to the Castle and then have afternoon tea when shooting finishes; or have lunch out in the field at our cosy ‘Happy Beater’ barn and dinner at the Castle the end of the day – we will tailor the day to suit you. Whatever you decide, there will be an abundance of great food and drink, as well as great company and shooting
- Just wanted to say what a great day we all had at Belvoir yesterday. Could you please thank all those that worked to give us such a great experience on the day both in the castle and on the shoot, magic!
- Just a quick note to thank you for helping to organise what was really a fantastic experience at Belvoir. My guests and I were blown away by the setting and the food and service, to say nothing of the shooting which was truly spectacular. Her Grace and Phil were very kind, and the whole package just seemed effortless, which is normally a good indication of just how much hard work goes on behind the scenes. Thanks again to everyone at Belvoir.
- (To the Duchess): A deep and heartfelt thank you for your & Philip’s hospitality over the last few days. The effort put in by both of you and your team to make sure that the Guns had not only a great two days’ shooting (some truly memorable duck that will stay with me for a long time) but also that we were fed, watered, wined, dined and generally looked after so superbly is hugely appreciated.
- I was lucky enough to shoot at Belvoir in January this year with a friend’s party. I have to say I was very impressed, not only with the birds shown to us but also the extremely high level of hospitality and friendliness of the day.
- Many thanks to you and the whole team. All my team agreed that the time we spent with you was the best shooting experience we have ever had (and some of them have done many years shooting)
- I was a guest with a shoot party on the 21st and please forgive my tardiness but I did want to thank you and the team for what was an exceptional day and shoot. The organization, the quality of the drives, the hospitality and the game itself was of the highest standard. We all had a splendid day and look forward to our return.