Get stuck into the best of summer at the Engine Yard
The Engine Yard – things to do, places to see and people to meet
The summer holidays are here, and there’s no better way to spend time together as a family than with a day in the beautiful outdoors with a variety of activities. Let us take the hard work out of planning activities with an easy afternoon at the Engine Yard, where at just a stone’s throw from Grantham, we have everything you need for a great day out all in one place (and dogs are welcome too).
We’ve put together a guide for your visit to the Engine Yard below.
Browse the best of summer from local Leicestershire businesses…
The Engine Yard shopping outlet makes it easy to browse local produce or to find the perfect excuse to treat yourself. Our 12 Engine Yard shops offer the best of local Leicestershire businesses, stocking everything from speciality teas to toys and homeware to tempt you with a spot of shopping!
Whether you’re fetching nibbles from Jorge Artisan Foods for a picnic on the castle grounds, or browsing the delightful range of toys, crafts and educational games at Crafts4Kids, there’s plenty to shop all in one place.
Our handy checklist for the perfect summer day out:
- A tasty ice cream to keep cool from Cocoa Amore
- A new hanging plant for the patio from The Idle Mole
- Duchess Grey tea blend from Cherizena (saves popping to the shop for tea bags when you get home!)
- A beautifully handcrafted vase from Margo & Plum for your friend’s birthday
- A new toy to cherish and remember the holidays from Crafts4Kids
- An adventure on the kids play park!
… Hand-in-hand with good food
Once you’ve worked up an appetite, a visit to the Fuel Tank Kitchen is sure to leave a good taste in your mouth and your belly full.
As well as a great lunch range including classic favourites such as fish & chips and lighter bites like sandwiches and soups, the Fuel Tank boasts an impressive range of tasty woodfired pizzas. From your classic Margherita to the mouth-watering Prosciutto e Fungi, there’s plenty of flavours (and garlic bread) to wet your appetite.
Something for the kids…
There are lots of tasty treats for the little ones to tuck into with our delightful Fuel Tank Little Dukes and Duchesses menu. They can choose to build their own picnic lunch complete with a sandwich, snack, sweet treat and a drink, or tuck into a hearty warm meal.
The Balloon Bar summer cocktails
End your day out in style with a tasty tipple from the Balloon Bar. As well as your classic cocktails and an impressive range of gins, we’ve rounded up some of the best tastes of summer from the Balloon Bar cocktail menu below.
- Duchess’ Garden – Sloe gin with blackberries and elderflower
- Japanese Blossom – Ketel one with hints of Aperol, peach and orange
- Up, Up & Away – Kettle one and Prosecco meets rose and rhubarb
- Around the World – Bacardi Carta Blanca and Aperol with notes of watermelon and basil
The perfect stop on your visit to Belvoir Castle
It wouldn’t be a summer day out without a trip to Belvoir Castle’s gardens in the sunshine. A Garden Family ticket costs £30 and grants access to the 16,000 acres of breathtaking gardens and our magnificent Adventure Playground.
Don’t miss out – make the most of your visit by attending one of these fantastic events at Belvoir Castle over the summer.
- Napoleonic Re-enactment Weekend – Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th August
- Much Ado About Murder – outdoor theatre – Saturday 13th August, 7-10pm
Festival of the Horse – equestrian showcase weekend – Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th September