THE ENGINE YARD
The Engine Yard is open 7 days week
Eat, drink and shop to your heart’s content at Belvoir’s new rural retail village; the Engine Yard.
Our newest attraction at Belvoir is situated right opposite the main entrance to the Castle.
Open 7 days a week all year round with free parking and free entry, the Engine Yard is a centre of excellence for food and drink unlike any other in the region – championing local businesses and great British brands.
The Fuel Tank produces delicious local sandwiches, salads and specials, including a hearty breakfast muffin before 12pm. Throughout the day you can enjoy light meals from seasonal locally sourced ingredients. Afternoon Tea is served daily (we recommend you pre-book) and on Thurs, Fri & Saturday we are open for dinner from 6pm – 9pm.
Little ones will love the wonderful play area while grown-ups can pop into the Belvoir Casa spa for a pampering treat.
The Engine Yard provides a community hub where locals and tourists can shop for quality plants, clothing, accessories, gifts and food – all created by dynamic entrepreneurs.
- Cocoa Amore – hand-made chocolate boutique
- Cherizena Coffee – producer of premium, speciality and flavoured coffees
- The Idle Mole – your local plant centre at Belvoir offering gifts and homewares
- The Duchess Gallery – stylish clothing and accessories, and unique gifts from a mixture of local producers and iconic British brands
- Margo and Plum – beautiful and practical homewares
- The Country Victualler – traditional hams, award-winning bacon and pork pies, prime British beef, outdoor reared pork, pates, terrines and much more
- Crafts4Kids – arts and crafts for kids, children’s creative toys. Educational games – all handpicked with care
- Little Surfers and Little Skiers – active wear for your little heroes
- Jorge Artisan Foods – a bespoke collection of naturally infused olive oils and balsamic vinegars as well as beautifully hand-painted kitchen and ceramic ware.
- Rowland Watson Gunmakers – offering a selection of traditional outdoor country clothing as well as all the essentials for a sporting shoot from gloves and socks to glasses and leather bags.
More carefully chosen businesses coming to the Engine Yard soon – watch this space!
History of the Engine Yard
The Engine Yard is a series of buildings originally used as workshops by the specialist tradesmen who were brought in to produce furniture, windows and doors during the construction of the present Castle in the early 1800s. These have now been lovingly restored and renovated to create this unique rural retail village.
Find out more about this exciting redevelopment at www.engineyardbelvoir.com. We hope you enjoy your visit.