Did you know Afternoon Tea was invented at Belvoir Castle? By Anna Russell, Duchess of Bedford whilst visiting the 5th Duke of Rutland at Belvoir Castle in the mid-1840s when she decided the wait until Supper was simply too long! What better place to enjoy than in the official birth place of the Afternoon Tea tradition?
Afternoon Tea at Belvoir Castle promises to be an enchanting experience in our newly refurbished Regency-styled Tea Room, ‘The Aviary’. Indulge in dainty finger sandwiches and delectable desserts. The perfect gift for a loved one, or to mark a special occasion.
Our Afternoon Tea includes a delicious array of fresh sandwiches, homemade scones with jam and clotted cream, a selection of homemade mini cakes and a pot of Tea or coffee.
By booking afternoon tea you will be allowed entrance to the grounds, however if you wish to visit the Castle you would need to purchase a Castle entry ticket separately.
For any enquiries please email [email protected]
- The Castle is open from 11am – 4pm on our open days. Click here for our full list of open days. Gates close at 5pm so please allow adequate time to safely vacate the premises.
- Food & Drink: The Aviary Tearoom is open daily 11am – 4pm.
- For any enquiries please email [email protected]
- Children under the age of 4 do not require admissions tickets. Child admission tickets apply for ages 4-16.
- Dogs are welcome within our grounds however must be kept on a lead at all times. Unfortunately, dogs are not welcome within the Castle.
- Car parking charges apply. Click here to find out more.
- Once purchased, tickets are non-refundable. We are able to exchange your tickets to another day if unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances. For our full Terms & Conditions including refund policies please click here.
- For bookings of groups of 15+ please contact [email protected]
- Free Entry applies for Friends of Belvoir membership holders, Historic Houses Members & RHS Members (Garden Only). Please display your pass on arrival, no need to pre-book.