Belvoir Castle Careers
Join our dynamic team across multiple sites in the beautiful Vale of Belvoir. You could have the unique opportunity to work for the 11th Duke and Duchess of Rutland in the magnificent Belvoir Castle, or in our historic Engine Yard location. We’re on the lookout for enthusiastic individuals for a variety of roles, if you feel you could excel in a position at Belvoir, then please get in touch, email [email protected] with a covering letter and CV.
Job Vacancies: (click the links below to view full job descriptions)
Senior Marketing Executive:
Salary: £30-35k per annum depending on experience. Job Type – Full time
We’d love to talk to you if you are a talented, strategic, flexible and versatile marketeer. You will be responsible for delivering a marketing strategy that results in the growth of Belvoir Castle and Estate, focused on increasing brand awareness and reach, drawing new and repeat visitors to the Castle, the Gardens and events throughout the calendar year. You will be able to demonstrate proven success in both planning and executing strong go to market strategies that grow brands in previous roles.
As the Senior Marketing Executive, your responsibilities include being guardian of the brand, its vision and values and the customer, always ensuring our campaign plans are successfully delivered in line with our brand strategy, consumer and needs. Strong reporting skills, tracking and analysing the performance of our advertising campaigns, managing the marketing budget and ensuring that all the marketing materials are aligned with our brand identity is a critical part of this role.
To be successful in this role, it is critical you have had hands-on experience with web analytics tools and be able to turn creative ideas into effective advertising projects working alongside our creative agency. You will help us to build and maintain a strong and consistent brand through having excellent knowledge of advertising streams, using a wide range of online and offline marketing channels and strategies.
· Develop strategies and tactics to increase brand awareness of Belvoir Castle and drive existing and new customers to visit the Castle, the Gardens or key events happening within the calendar year, linking everything together seamlessly into a consistent customer journey.
· Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution working closely with our creative agency, ensuring they always have all the relevant information in good time to fully deliver.
· Bring all departments together to produce a detailed marketing calendar which covers all areas of the business, all media implementations and all critical dates to deliver. This will be used as the master document to deliver to for the calendar year.
· Support on the organisation of events, adding ideas and ensuring the prompt delivery of materials.
· Continually explore and experiment with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels like content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting skills, performance analysis. · Ensure the engaging content for our social channels, website and blog attracts and converts our target groups with regular analysis and with focused and timely responses.
· Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies and vendors.
· Alongside the wider team, prepare and monitor the marketing budget on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and allocate funds wisely. Managing the budget and being creative with how the budget is spent to maximise results is essential.
· Oversee and approve marketing material, from website banners to hard copy brochures and case studies.
· Manage supply base of print materials, ensuring quality standards are met and budget is managed.
· Evaluate and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals and share regularly with wider team.
· Identify and measure marketing outcomes to increase the efficiency of marketing activities.
· Analyse consumer behaviour and adjust email and advertising campaigns accordingly.
· Research and review competitors to ensure we are ahead of the game and leading the way as the destination to go to.
· Research affiliations and brands with aligned values that could partner with Belvoir at large events.
To deliver all of the above, you have the direct support of a creative agency who will lead the campaign visuals across all marketing media online and offline.
Requirements and Skills;
· Demonstrable experience in a similar marketing together with the potential and attitude required to learn.
· Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading across channels marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate.
· Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
· Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns.
· Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets.
· A sense of aesthetics and a love for great copy and excellent communication.
· Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement. · BSc/MSc degree in Marketing or related field.
· Minimum of 3/4 years experience working in this sector with thirst to now lead a marketing campaign.
· Great communication skills and ability to liaise effectively between departments and individuals to collate all required information.
· Experience in experiential marketing.
· A passion for heritage and a keen interest in leisure and tourism sector.
· Full clean driving license.
Working Hours: Up to 48 hours a week including evenings, weekends, and bank holidays
Your Role: We are searching for an organised and meticulous Events Assistant to support our events and operations team.
Working directly for the Events and Operations Manager on event days and pre events for (weddings, castle events, parkland events) and rota to be done for the weekend work
– Be duty manager at the weekend when needed for castle opening
– Be trained up to help on shoots for an array of events; dinners, overnights, shoots, etc
– Group Bookings lead, including proactively cold calling, emailing databases
– Directly working alongside Events and Operations Manager and Customer Experience Manager
Your duties will include completing all safety and regulatory documents. Your responsibilities will consist of ensuring events run smoothly, supplies are delivered on time, and help put up and take down decorations. The ideal Events Assistant will be a team player and have some event planning experience.
· Assisting the events team with a high number of events, ranging from small meetings for the Duke and Duchess of Rutland and board of trustees to award ceremonies
· Accompanying events manager to both internal and external events
· Promoting events across all social media platforms
· Supporting the events manager with logistical and administrative support
· Maintaining records of all bookings e.g. venue and catering and taking payments where necessary
· Assisting with creative decisions
· Attending all meetings to act as a second point of contact
· Ad-hoc duties at events including, but not limited to, guest list management, showing guests to tables and taking coats
· Helping set up and dismantle events efficiently through to completion
· Ensuring all branded items for events arrive on time
Full driving licence required.
· Educated to A-Level standard. A degree is desirable, but not essential · Proven project management skills
· Strong commercial acumen
· Confident with all Microsoft Office packages
You must be able to:
· Be creative and be used to thinking outside the box
· Excellent networker
· Passion for events
· Able to work independently as well as part of a team · Personable and presentable
· Eager to contribute new ideas
· Competitive salary
A proactive, kind, fun cleaner / cleaners needed for a large busy family home near Grantham. Duties include:
– Spring cleaning and deep cleaning
– Other cleaning duties
£10.42 per hour.
Full time or part time 16 hours per week.
– We need a skilled textile conservationist to restore ancient delicate textiles throughout the ancestral home of the Duke of Rutland that has been here for nearly over a 1000 years.
– The conservation and display of textiles and related materials are to be worked on for our private home.
– The job will be based in Belvoir Castle, Grantham, NG31 1PE. Accommodation can be included for the right candidate.
– Driving Licence required Purpose of job:
– As one of the Textile Conservators you will work to support the delivery of the Duchess of Rutland’s work programme working to the highest conservation standards often working to tight deadlines.
– Your principal duties will be to conserve textiles of all types as well as other organic and inorganic materials that are commonly found on textiles that come into need of treatment.
– You will also be expected to provide advice on best handling, storage, and safe display of objects.
– As one of the conservators you will also be expected to help with the day to day running of the studio as required, liaise with the family, and carry out site work as well as undertake the documentation and administration of your projects.
– You will work as part of the Belvoir Estate team both on team and individual conservation projects which ultimately contribute towards a successful business and all our long-term conservation effort.
– On team projects you may be asked to take the lead or be one of the responsible co- workers in the team.
– You are expected to take both individual and collective responsibility for delivering work of the highest quality keeping within the agreed treatment timeframe.
– As Textile Conservator you will also support junior members of staff and provide supervision for students and interns.
– Practical Conservation
– Carry out a high standard of practical conservation on textile objects booked into our
– Skilfully problem-solve and implement conservation solutions.
– Undertake the technical examination and assessment of materials, techniques and
condition of textile objects.
– Understand present condition and historical methods to inform and provide
authoritative advice on care, accurate assessment of treatment needs and analysis.
– Professional standards and engagement.
– Keep accurate, appropriate and clear documentation of conservation treatments in a
timely manner, using established and developing systems.
– Documentation to be carried out to the agreed Belvoir Estate templates.
– Engage and keep up to date with preventive conservation strategies.
– Help with student placements, and where appropriate, engage with as supervisor. Assist with less experienced conservators in the team.
– Contribute to the public and archivist focused engagement, such as website blogs, treatment updates, social media etc.
– Maintain internal and external professional relationships.
– As required, act as a Estate representative for clients or with public engagement activities eg at conferences etc.
– Efficiency, effectiveness and time management.
– Assist with and maintain studio processes and procedures to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
– Keep a daily log of all conservation work and fill out object timesheets daily.
– Please note that with both team and individual conservation projects, timesheets are to be filled and accumulated hours totalled daily.
– Regularly assess the progress of your treatments and report back to the Duchess of Rutland or the project manager on a weekly basis bringing to their immediate attention any issues or problems.
– Produce documentation at the agreed stages and at the end of each project promptly and in your own time if necessary.
– Assist with the condition and treatment assessment of textiles including estimating treatment times and assisting with competitive tenders as required.
– Liaise with clients as required.
– Assist with the process of tidying and maintaining your area of work.
– Be committed to health and safety and ensure you are familiar with all of the studio’s health and safety policies and procedures. Follow correct procedures and undertake appropriate risk assessments using the studio’s systems for all processes that might place health at risk.
– Be security conscious: follow and help maintain compliance with security protocols within the Studio. Advise managers about any concerns.
– Promote equality and diversity in all aspects of the work by developing and maintaining positive working relationships, ensuring that colleagues are treated fairly and with respect/dignity and actively contributing to developments that support the studio’s strategy for widening access, inclusion and diversity.
– Carry out ad hoc duties, as requested by the senior leadership team.
– Person specification – Essential Requirements
– A recognised qualification in the conservation of textiles, with a high level of demonstrable and relevant post qualification practical experience. – Desirable Proficiency in the practical processes of examination, assessment, documentation preventive and interventive conservation applied to textile materials including other organic and inorganic materials that are commonly found on textiles and costume.
– A good knowledge and understanding of the properties of traditional and modern materials used in the construction of textile objects and in their conservation. This includes a sound understanding of their material properties and their mechanisms of degradation and damage.
– The ability to apply such knowledge and understanding to the assessment, technical examination, and conservation of objects.
– Ability to organise tasks to work in an effective and efficient way and be able to distinguish quickly between essential and non-essential conservation treatments.
– Able to produce a high standard of work within tight deadlines and deal effectively with conflicting priorities.
– Highly self-motivated, able to demonstrate initiative and work independently or as part of a team. This may sometimes include the ability to project lead a team of colleagues to deliver complex projects.
– Good interpersonal skills with a diplomatic and courteous manner.
– To include the ability to communicate and explain techniques effectively and give advice on conservation and preservation matters clearly and concisely in both written and spoken form to a range of different audiences.
– Ability to assist and supervise junior staff, student placements and volunteers.
– A good understanding of conservation theory and the principles of ethical decision making.
– Computer skills and familiarity and Microsoft programs such as Word, Power-Point and Excel.
£10.42 per hour. Part time
Volunteer with us!
Volunteer at Belvoir and enjoy being part of our lovely team. An opportunity to share and learn new skills and be part of a diverse Estate. As a volunteer at Belvoir you can also enjoy staff benefits such as Friends of Belvoir Membership and priority tickets to our events. If this is of interest, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact [email protected]